We’ve been running a series of HARPS Training Sessions across the country!
If you would like to attend one of the HARPS Training Sessions please fill out the form below with your preferred location.
The course is particularly aimed at Tier 1 and 2 growers, suppliers, packers and wholesalers to the major grocery retailers, and covers the following:
- HARPS overview and general requirements;
- Food safety and quality issues in the produce industry;
- Legal requirements for food safety programs;
- Four hazards (biological, chemical, physical, allergen) and their sources;
- Three elements of a food safety program (facilities and equipment, HACCP and prerequisite programs);
- Food safety risk assessment and HACCP process; and
- HARPS elements in practice.
The course has been designed to reflect the immediate needs for producers to meet the HARPS requirements, using case studies and practical examples where possible. In addition, the course will include Food Safety Risk assessment and the HACCP process, which will qualify as ‘HACCP refresher training’ as stipulated under HARPS Section 5.2 (this will save needing to attend a separate HACCP Refresher course).
Attendees will be provided with a handbook with the slide presentation and provision for note taking as well as supporting documents for exercises and case studies (all to keep).
The course will also provide example templates and pro-formas that attendees can use to adapt to their own specific activities.
[NEW] Limited offer: HACCP Refresher for HARPS
HARPS, in collaboration with Quality Associates, is pleased to offer a HACCP Refresher course for HARPS (meeting the requirements of Element 5.2). This is the only HARPS HACCP Refresher Course that is approved and recognised by HARPS.
Use the code HARPS15 when you check out for a $15 discount on the course.
Register your interest below for a HARPS Training Session in your area.